Sunday, March 8, 2009

Last week, Sammy was student-of-the-week in his preschool class. He brought home the class, stuffed bulldog and was quite proud of himself as you can see
in the picture.
Sam is a very independent little fellow who gets pretty bent out of shape if you try to do something for him--HE CAN DO IT HIMSELF! Well, sometimes he can. Sometimes I'm just stuck standing there waiting and waiting until he gets frustrated and then wants me to take over.



Molly, on the other hand, CAN DO IT and WILL DO IT no matter what. As she was putting coins in her piggy bank yesterday, she made wishes...."I wish I had my driver's license," and "I wish I could go to prom," and "I wish I had my ears pierced." She just wants to be a teenager and I just want her to be a six-year-old.

She chooses her own ensembles (as shown in the picture). No, she does not wear glasses. She insisted on buying these fake ones for 50 cents at Goodwill. As far as the drink goes, it's hot chocolate, but she tells everyone it's coffee. It's been difficult having Molly at the same school because she is with me after school and around loads of teenagers. They are great with her, but Molly wants to emulate them all the time. She will actually be going to school with Sammy next year. I need the separation between school and family and I'm not getting it at this point. I think it will be good for all of us.

No comments: