Sunday, May 25, 2008

Disney--NOT so kid friendly.


Molly was out-of-sorts this morning--very grumpy. She kept pinching Sammy and climbing all over me and whining. I finally told her to go to her room. At this point, she stands up in front of me on the couch, puts one hand on her hip and motions me with the other and announces loudly "You wanna piece of me........huh? Come on blowfish."

WHAT?


So I ask her where she has heard this and she says "Zack and Cody." Well, now I remember--the episode where London dresses like a Mermaid in order to win back Lance (yes, I watched it--didn't have much of a choice). In context on the show, it worked...it was comical...so what?

SOOOOO, when your five-year-old says it to you before you've had coffee on a Sunday morning and after she's accidentally knocked you in the head with her elbow two or three times and has her brother screaming "NO" over and over every time she gets near him, it's not so cute (yes--humorous in hindsight maybe), but not right then. Needless-to-say, I may have to limit time with the Disney Channel since I have a child that repeats EVERYTHING out of context and with an attitude. Just imagine how much I have to watch what I say. Thank goodness Sammy isn't talking YET. Oh, but he's listening....listening really closely (the silent ones are the ones you have to watch).

No comments: